With Gil in Texas, I am a single dad for the next few days. I thought it would be fun (or scary) to have my kids share what they think will be different this weekend with dad in charge and mom gone. Here are their "insights":
- Jaley: "First, already the whole way home you talked on the phone. And then you set a timer for our snack (and forgot to pay attention when it went off) and then I had to clean up all the snacks off the counter and then I had to tell Olivia to clean up her mess and I had to clean up the table. And I'm not really looking forward to cleaning up the next few days."
- Lena: "Its gonna be fun cause we're going to play a lot of games and maybe we'll eat ice cream and I'm going to be reading for long time (well not very long time.) And well that's all."
- Olivia: "We can wrestle and mom won't be scared of it cause she usually doesn't like it when we wrestle."
- Tyce: "Its going to be different." Shrugs. That's all--he's a man of few words.
- Jaley chimes in again: "...and [indignantly], already I'm being told to be quiet when I'm trying to add something."
Away we go! (Looking forward to that redhead coming home soon.)