So the next few days are a little busy--I am away overnight Friday to Saturday, Jaley leaves for camp on Saturday and then Sunday afternoon we have a picnic between two worship gatherings. This means my clan decided today since I'm home we'll call it "early fathers' day". Awesome.
They showered me with cards and gifts. Here are a couple quotes from the cards and mini-cards:
- Tyce made a card that was signed just, "your son"--it was special for him to use that as his identity.
- On the facing page in the card he drew a picture of Taco Bell with a sign that said "free tacos yesterday". Above it it said "Don't Be That Guy". On the back it had a picture of Tyce and I holding hands and again, "Don't Be That Guy". The clear implication--Tyce is a big fan of our Don't Be That Guy dates.
- "To: Dad From: Jaley: why can't I have an email address? Why can't I have an ipod? huh?" [this was "realistic humor"]
- "To: Dad From: Olivia: my girls are going to wear bikinis when they are 10." [a declaration she mad earlier in the day to the redhead since I my girls don't wear bikinis.]
- "To: Dad From your Tiny Lena bear/you're going down the drain!" [Lena is the family trash talker and its hilarious.]