I've just begun leading a new small group of men in an effort of intentional spiritual formation and brotherhood. In this group I'm seeking to foster a safe and challenging environment. Always a strange tight rope walk.
One key to drawing out one another and being truthful is asking good questions. I've put together a few questions that we're beginning to use and I want to pass them along.
Do you have some good challenge questions that you use? Can you comment them into the conversation?
- What is God the Holy Spirit calling you:
- to repent of?
- to obey?
- to confess?
- to see about yourself?
- What burden do you need to share with the brothers so we can help carry it?
- What burden do you need to face and carry?
- What truth has come alive to you from Scripture since we last met?
- What Scripture are you reading/meditating on/memorizing this week?
- What victory/joy can we celebrate with you?